| Monday through Friday: 5 am – 9 pm|
Saturday: 7 am – 6 pm
Sunday: 1 – 5 pm
GUIDELINES FOR CODE OF CONDUCT
Using the values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility as a guide, we strongly encourage behaviors and language that will ensure all who participate in the Y enjoy a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment.
Wear appropriate workout attire and shoes, including clothing free of vulgar/profane writing and pictures.
Display good behavior.
Use non-offensive language when speaking with others.
Be respectful of the Y’s property and equipment and the property of others.
To provide comfort and safety, please observe the following:
- Bring your membership card every time you use the Y to expedite your entrance and verify your membership.
- The Gold Centers are for adults 19 years of age and older. A separate membership or additional daily fee is needed for access.
- For your privacy and the comfort of others, we ask that cell phone calls be taken out in the hallways of the Y.
- Heelys, scooters and skateboards are to be left at home to reduce the risk of injury to others in and around the facility.
- The Sheridan County YMCA building and grounds are drug, alcohol and firearm free.
- All children through grade 5 must be supervised by an adult (18 or older) when in the Y facility or enrolled in a staff supervised program.
- Bikes are to be stored in the available bike racks and locked for safe storage.
The Y is not responsible for stolen items. Please leave your valuables at home or locked in your vehicle. We recommended that you bring a padlock to secure belongings in a locker while using the facility.
Youth Usage Policy
Making sure the Y is safe for kids and families is fundamental to all that we do. We are committed to the well-being and safety of children. However, the Y facility is not designed or licensed to provide basic child care needs. Any public place, may be unsafe for a child whom is left unattended for long periods of time.
Throughout our programs, in our facility and with trained staff, we implement strict policies to ensure safety.
Members ages 8-13
- September through May are the Y’s peak program times for youth and adults.
- Unless they are registered and participating in a Y program, Youth will be allowed access to the facility Monday thru Friday after 6:00 pm
- Youth will be allowed access to the facility during weekend operating hours.
- During school breaks, youth will be allowed access to the facility after 1:00 pm.
- June through August are non-peak program times for youth and adults.
- Youth will be allowed access to the facility during operating hours.
- Due to adult and camp programming, there may be limited access to specific areas of the Y.
- Specific areas are not accessible for members ages 8-13. These areas include the entire upstairs (including racquetball observation area), Weight Room, Activity and Support Center. Youth that have completed Parent/Youth Orientation may have access to the Health and Well-Being areas while under direct supervision of their parent. Unsupervised Playland is limited to youth ages 8-10.
Members ages 14-18
- Full access to the Y facility throughout the year. Due to youth and adult programming, there may be limited access to specific areas of the Y at various times throughout the year.
Parents are responsible for the behavior of their children while at the Y. If a child is disruptive, staff will follow current Y policies. Parents will be contacted if the disruptive behavior either continues and/or warrants further action.
WEIGHT ROOM GUIDELINES
HEALTH & WELLNESS CENTER AGE REQUIREMENTS
Infants – 4th Grade
No admittance, no exceptions
5th – 8th Grade
Access to strength circuit machines and select cardio equipment. Must be accompanied by a parent and have completed the Required Parent-Youth Orientation. (Sign up at member service desk)
9th Grade & older
Full individual access to Wellness Center, including cardio equipment, weight machines, free weights & group exercise classes. An orientation with staff is recommended.
SWIMMING POOL GUIDELINES
· It is good etiquette to shower prior to entering the pool area.
· Training pants or pool diaper must be worn under swimwear for any participant not toilet trained.
· Use of personal float belts, woggles, balls, mats, toys, etc. must be approved by the lifeguards on duty.
· For sanitary reasons, gum, food and drink is not to be consumed in the pools, on the pool decks or in the lifeguards’ office.
· The lifeguard has complete authority over the pool area. We ask patrons to respect Y staff requests on safety related issues.
· Please WALK when on the deck and in the locker rooms.
· People with infectious medical conditions should refrain from swimming until healed.
· All children under the age of 8 must have an adult (18 or older) in the water while using the Y pools during open/family swims.
· Children under the age of 3 are to be accompanied and supervised in the water, one on one, by an adult 18 years of age or older.
· One adult 18 years of age or older, can accompany and supervise in the water, a maximum of 3 children, 3 to 4 years of age.
· One adult 18 years of age or older, can accompany and supervise in the water, a maximum of 5 children, 5 to 7 years of age.
PLAYLAND FAMILY PLAY TIME
We are excited to re-open Playland back to the community. You will notice a few changes to Playland – all to assist us in providing you a fun, healthy family environment.
Playland schedules are now posted at the Playland door in the front lobby, on our Gym Schedule on slide 4 here, or available at the Front Desk. Please note that there is now scheduled Family Play time. This will allow us to also continue to use Playland for our Y youth programs.
Family Play is organized for just what it sounds like – Family time in Playland. A few things you will need to know:
- An individual, 15 years and older, must check out a key to Playland at the Front Desk. The person that has checked out the key will be responsible for its return. Please return the key in a timely manner once you are done playing so it is available for others.
- Entrance is through the door in the front lobby.
- Individuals 15 years or older must actively supervise at all times.
- You may NOT leave your children unattended.
- Please do not allow others into Playland. We will ask all entering Playland to check in at the Front Desk.
- Restrooms are located in the front lobby.
- Please do not exit through the double hallway doors. They will lock once exited.
We will not offer a supervised play time in the evenings. Drop-in will be available for those youth ages 6 months to 8 years of age during school months through May.
We’re very excited to have Playland open once again. THANK YOU FOR WORKING WITH US TO ENSURE PLAYLAND CAN REMAIN OPEN FOR ALL TO ENJOY.