FRONT WELCOME CENTER HOURS
Monday through Friday: 5 am – 9 pm
Monday through Friday: 8 am – 7 pm
Saturday: 7 am – 6 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Sunday: 1 – 5 pm
The desk is not open on Sunday
GUIDELINES FOR CODE OF CONDUCT
Using the values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility as a guide, we strongly encourage behaviors and language that will ensure all who participate in the Y enjoy a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment.
Wear appropriate workout attire and shoes, including clothing free of vulgar/profane writing and pictures.
Display good behavior.
Use non-offensive language when speaking with others.
Be respectful of the Y’s property and equipment and the property of others.
To provide comfort and safety, please observe the following:
- Bring your membership card every time you use the Y to expedite your entrance and verify your membership.
- The Gold Centers are for adults 19 years of age and older. A separate membership or additional daily fee is needed for access.
- For your privacy and the comfort of others, we ask that cell phone calls be taken out in the hallways of the Y.
- Heelys, scooters and skateboards are to be left at home to reduce the risk of injury to others in and around the facility.
- The Sheridan County YMCA building and grounds are drug, alcohol and firearm free.
- All children through grade 5 must be supervised by an adult (18 or older) when in the Y facility or enrolled in a staff supervised program.
- Bikes are to be stored in the available bike racks and locked for safe storage.
The Y is not responsible for stolen items. Please leave your valuables at home or locked in your vehicle. We recommended that you bring a padlock to secure belongings in a locker while using the facility.
Youth Usage Policy
Making sure the Y is safe for kids and families is fundamental to all that we do. We are committed to the well-being and safety of children. However, the Y facility is not designed or licensed to provide basic child care needs. Any public place, may be unsafe for a child whom is left unattended for long periods of time.
Throughout our programs, in our facility and with trained staff, we implement strict policies to ensure safety.
Members ages 8-13
- September through May are the Y’s peak program times for youth and adults.
- Unless they are registered and participating in a Y program, Youth will be allowed access to the facility Monday thru Friday after 6:00 pm
- Youth will be allowed access to the facility during weekend operating hours.
- During school breaks, youth will be allowed access to the facility after 1:00 pm.
- June through August are non-peak program times for youth and adults.
- Youth will be allowed access to the facility during operating hours.
- Due to adult and camp programming, there may be limited access to specific areas of the Y.
- Specific areas are not accessible for members ages 8-13. These areas include the entire upstairs (including racquetball observation area), Weight Room, Activity and Support Center. Youth that have completed Parent/Youth Orientation may have access to the Health and Well-Being areas while under direct supervision of their parent. Unsupervised Playland is limited to youth ages 8-10.
Members ages 14-18
- Full access to the Y facility throughout the year. Due to youth and adult programming, there may be limited access to specific areas of the Y at various times throughout the year.
Parents are responsible for the behavior of their children while at the Y. If a child is disruptive, staff will follow current Y policies. Parents will be contacted if the disruptive behavior either continues and/or warrants further action.
WEIGHT ROOM GUIDELINES
|SAFETY POLICIES:||COMFORT POLICIES:||CLEANLINESS POLICIES:|
|* Re-rack all weight plates, dumbbells and bars.||* Take all cell phone conversations out to hallway.||* Food and drink other than water to be consumed ONLY in main entrance to building.|
|* Use collars on all free bars for the safety of others.||* Maintain low volume level when conversing with others.||* Shirts and shorts or workout pants required.|
|* Ask for spotters when challenged by weight.||* Display appropriate behavior.||* Disinfect aerobic equipment after use.|
|* Lift and lower weights with control.||* When resting between sets, allow others to work in.|
|* Supportive shoes required.|
SWIMMING POOL GUIDELINES
· It is good etiquette to shower prior to entering the pool area.
· Training pants or pool diaper must be worn under swimwear for any participant not toilet trained.
· Use of personal float belts, woggles, balls, mats, toys, etc. must be approved by the lifeguards on duty.
· For sanitary reasons, gum, food and drink is not to be consumed in the pools, on the pool decks or in the lifeguards’ office.
· The lifeguard has complete authority over the pool area. We ask patrons to respect Y staff requests on safety related issues.
· Please WALK when on the deck and in the locker rooms.
· People with infectious medical conditions should refrain from swimming until healed.
· All children under the age of 8 must have an adult (18 or older) in the water while using the Y pools during open/family swims.
· Children under the age of 3 are to be accompanied and supervised in the water, one on one, by an adult 18 years of age or older.
· One adult 18 years of age or older, can accompany and supervise in the water, a maximum of 3 children, 3 to 4 years of age.
· One adult 18 years of age or older, can accompany and supervise in the water, a maximum of 5 children, 5 to 7 years of age.